jeudi 20 octobre 2016

My day trip in Montevideo


A selfie on the plaza de l'independencia.
Because I have many friends and family who don’t understand french at all, I made a version in English.

Now we are in Buenos Aires in yacht Club Barlovento, on the river. Before arriving here, we also passed through Montevideo with the sailboat and aswell Colonia front of Buenos Aires where we did the leaving procedure of Uruguay.

This publication relates only my day by bus to Montevideo the capital of Uruguay to not mix everything and in the end not write anything at all.

In Uruguay, the train and the rail network has been abandoned since 1987 (unless as I understood a little line in the suburbs of Montevideo and another freight line from the quarry to the cement factory). So it is by bus from Piriapolis, that I went to Montevideo, which takes 1 hour 40. I was keen to do a bus trip crossing beautiful landscapes rather flat, green and refined. With all I have done by foot and boat, I had the impression of being in an airplane.

At the tourist office of the bus Central Station, they gived me a citymap and the way forward for a visit in the day: walk straight to the bottom where there is the old town.

In Montevideo and Uruguay, there is no need to be on guard, unlike Brazil where heared rehashing about be careful, as if you could get mugged on every corner of street.

Fairly quickly I am pleasantly surprised by the art deco architecture (buildings between the two world wars + - 1930). Luckily, I love, and we do not find that much and mostly only in the big cities. Creativity and openness of the new art (late 19th and early 20th) and especially the art deco is exceptional, having permeated the entire city of Montevideo, which I had never seen before.

Fashion women's shoes of the moment corresponds to what we had in France 15 years ago, shoes with thick soles and big heels, which come in boots, open boots and shoes, the same way I found in Buenos Aires, but not in Brazil.

In Uruguay, cannabis is legalized, it's allowed to smoke and to grow ... Let's try it, but ultimately it is easier to find in countries where it is illegal. I was told that it is in the pharmacy. Then having asked pharmacy told me that it is from 2017 in some pharmacies only. Nevermind. Then later I passed a shop that showcase plants. But it does not sell anything to smoke. As against it sells liquor and cookies, which are reminiscent of green platelets in the science fiction film "soylent green" from 1973.
I toke a liquor bottle and a biscuit, he said, a vial or a biscuit is enough to be "high". In the street I finally tasted the liquor and even drinking all. Combined with the beer I had drunk too, goes to my very pleasant way, making me "peace and love". Communicative I speak and listen to each other with passion.

Then I thought to bring a gift to Loupy, remained in the boat with Patrice who did not want to go. I walk into a pet shop with large enough windows in arcades. Inside the store I saw through the windows of the arcades a pretty woman walking outside to the bus stop, and I was inside at the same speed. Arriving at the bus stop on the narrow sidewalk, she stoped then turns and looks at me; then look down where there was a cage with a hamster.
But the hamster is dead. In looking good I see that it's a real hamster and truly dead, desiccated eye. I called the guy from the store to show him. So I told him in Spanish "The animal inside, is dead, no? " he remains planted the remote idly by answering a word "seguro" (shure). Nothing else ... then I went out of the store and up the street.

As this story made me asking lots of questions as; is it plastic? been dead for how long? So I return. Upon arriving the two sellers are all stressed out, wondering where I come from; am I being asked several times a day anyway. And not to mention the hamster tell me that in Europe, Syria, people are killed, that the hamster is for children. Finally they released the hamster cage, put it in a small plastic bag, he hands me directly saying "Regalo" (Gift). I say "Gracias" and that it's the first time in my life I have a pet, death to death without going through life.

By bringing me to the bus terminal, a last ray of sun illuminates a lawn after the Independence Square. I said to a woman who was also there, that this is the only place where can sit in the sun, passing between buildings illuminating only this small area for a good 15 minutes. Cassy is Australian on traveling, we laughed a lot and we were having a beer and even eat together. The last bus was at 21:15 . so at 20:30. I had to go, warmly saying goodbye to Cassy who had an appointment with her Italian boyfriend in Buenos Aires, one week later. She seems half motivated. But I advised her to live her "love story" thoroughly and believe in it, for the time it will last.

I did not well estimated the distance to the bus. While walking, I tasted a piece of space-cake, and as it was good, I foolishly ate all little by little. After an intense walk, I looked at the time. Shit! I saw displayed exactly 21:15. !!! OH NO, I will be stoned in space-cake smashed all night until the first morning bus.

Arrived at the station I could happily take another company that had a last bus at 23:00. I was in a strange condition, the night I slept like half with weird dreams. The next day, I was glad to emerge in the "normal" reality rich and various.
Taking the bus was like flying with an airplane along the landscape.

Plaza de l'independencia,
with the most emblematic building of the city what is art deco
The locks fountaion for locked lovers.


Art deco construction.
Change in Uruguay.
There is much inflation in Argentina, look the differnece between sell and buy.
The grow shop and the pet shop what has a corner with an other street.


The marijuana plant in the shop.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire